"If I pretend to be God, what happens?"
"Why would anyone believe you?" I reply.
But he's certainly acting like God, at least on the computer.
I left him to his own devices for a little while, and he went to town:
1. Made himself an administrative user;"I don't want Mommy to be on the computer while I'm at school," he partially explained.
2. Changed the password on mom's user account and entered as mom;
3. Changed the parental controls so mom can't use the computer when she tries to log on in the morning;
3. Changed mom's email password (via his grandmother's maiden name);
4. Changed the settings on mom's email account so that all mom's incoming and outgoing emails bounce over to his account, leaving no trace on mom's account;
5. Replied to a bunch of emails addressed to mom, in mom's name.