Sunday, May 10, 2009

The pleasures of parenting left-brainers

When our 15-year-old sets up his own orthodontist appointments and plans bus-to-train-to-trolley routes across the city to get himself there.

When our 8-year-old figures out how to use Power Point to write and illustrate stories about her imaginary friends.

When our 12-year-old (J) discusses space-time curvature and imagines time redoubling upon itself in ways that don't imply repetition of particular moments.

It's moments like these, however unrepeatable, that make me especially happy to be a parent of left-brain children.

3 comments:

Liz Ditz said...

Just wait -- I enjoy watching my 31 & 28 yo stepsons parenting....I hear words coming out of their mouths that I used.

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul said...

Great to read that J is getting interested in time travel, spacetime warping etc. I found your blog from your Facebook link and am really enjoying it.