Sunday, May 30, 2010

Autism diaries XVIII: of Mangos and Mad Men

The latest things in our house to magically disappear are the champagne mangos and the latest Nextflix Mad Men CD.


The mangoes, originally intended for Boy I because he's fond of eating them, turned up in the bedroom of Boy II with wires protruding from them and connecting them to various bits of Snap Circuitry. Apparently Boy II had read that high acid mangos make better batteries than potatoes

A few days later, the Mad Men CD turned up, undamaged, in the master bathroom wastebasket. As Boy II explained with great glee, he'd decided to "be a Mad Man about the Mad Men CD." Since he's almost 14 and rather nutty, I believed his explanation.

1 comment:

Liz Ditz said...

I just wanted to drop a note to tell you how much I enjoy your stories. Your love and appreciation for the Boy I and the Boy II shine through.