Sunday, March 27, 2011

Home schooling: week 4

Highlights of the week include identifying and constructing independent and dependent clauses, completing the multiplying and dividing fractions unit of Singapore Math 5A, understanding more and more of the first 12 lessons of French in Action ("It's starting to sound like English"), and riding the train up to the grandparents with big brother for two intensive days of museuming and piano and violin practice with her veteran piano & violin teaching grandmother. 


Isn't it great when you can take off to your grandparents' for several days and not miss any school?

2 comments:

Happy Elf Mom said...

Ah, but can you really? Isn't your son still in school? I homeschool some of my children but find myself very much on the ps timetable because of the others that go to school. :)

Laura said...

Sounds like it is going well - and that you are having some fun too! Are you surprised at how much you accomplish? I know I still am sometimes. Other times, I can't seem to get anything done! LOL